Urban and Architecture Criticism, Cultural Studies of Architecture, History and Theory of Shanghai`s Contemporary Architecture and Urban Development
LIU Kan is Assistant Professor at CAUP, Tongji Univeristy. He received his doctoral degree in Architecture from Pavia University. Studies are mainly on Urban and Architecture Criticism, Cultural Studies of Architecture, History and Theory of Shanghai`s Contemporary Architecture and Urban Development. He is Member of the Reviewer of the SSCI Journal of Urban Planning and Development (ASCE) and he is also Guest Editor of the Journal of Time + Architecture.
3. Architecture Design-II
1) LIU Kan (First Author), Shanghai Transforming: A Critical Response to Identity and Architecture, edited by Tizianeo Cattaneo,Study on Architecture and Urban Spatial Structure in China`s Mega-Cities Suburbs, E Publisher: Italy Universitas Studiorum S.r.l. Casa Editrice, 2016, ISBN: 978-88-97683-83-4, P87-100
2) LIU Kan (First Author), Shanghai Urban Renewal with Multicultural Perspective, New Architecture, 2016(6), ISSN:1000-3959, P59-62
3) LIU Kan (First Author), “Shanghai Hengshan Road 890”, Regeneration & Reuse in China: Transforming the Existing, Maggioli Editore, 2016, P91-96, ISBN:9-788891-612182
4) LIU Kan (Second Author), Strategies and Technologies in the Regeneration of Existing Buildings: Industrial Building Heritage in Germany as a Case Study, Urbanism and Architecture, 2016(11), P31-33
5) LIU Kan (First Author), Beyond Culture: On Cultural Transfer in Architecture from the Perspective of Milan EXPO 2015, Time + Architecture, 2015(4), P.32-37, ISSN:1005-684X
6) LIU Kan (Second Author, English and Italian), THE PLAN, Architettura e Identita, Architecture and Identity, 2015, July, ISSN:1720-6553
7) LIU Kan (First Author), Education 2.0: Secondary School Lucie Aubrac by Coldefy & Associés Architectes Urbanistes, Tourcoing, France. Time + Architecture, 2015(1), P.142-149, ISSN:1005-684X
8) LIU Kan (Third Author, English and Italian), THE PLAN, Beijing`s Architectural Super-grid，La Super-griglia Come Spazio Architettonico di Pechino，2014，Nov.（078），P.02-09, ISSN:1720-6553
9) LIU Kan (First Author), Rationalism and the Tongji Design, The Exhibition of From Research to Design: Selected Architects from Tongji University, the 2012 Triennale of Milan, Time + Architecture, 2012(6), P.144-147, ISSN:1005-684X
10) LIU Kan (First Author, English), The Architects of the City: Transculturation in Architecture from Milan to Shanghai, Regeneration: Research，Design, Construction, Published by La Triennale di Milano, P.153-154，2012，ISBN: 978-8889-861011
11) LIU Kan (First Author, English), The Transculturation in Architecture Between Berlin and Shanghai: The Case of Architect Xi Fuquan (1902-1983), Bridging Urbanities: Reflections on Urban Design in Shanghai and Berlin, Bettina Bauerfeind, Josefine Fokdal, Berlin: LIT Publisher, P.43-54. 2011, ISBN:978-3-643-90131-6
12) LIU Kan (First Author), The Evolution of Western Theory on the Relationship of Cities and Architecture, Journal of Xi`an University of Architecture & Technology (Social Science Edition), P.66-70, ISSN:1008-7192
1) Geoffrey Broadbet, Chinese Edition Translator WANG Kai, LIU Kan, Revisor ZHENG Shiling, Emerging Concept in Urban Space Design, Beijing: China Architecture and Building Press, ISBN: 9797112197880
1) LIU Kan (Editor), Chief Editor Yang Shaomimng, Empathy with Macau, Pubilished by Association of World Chinese Photography – Macau Salon Photography, ISBN：978-7-112-14743-4.
2) LIU Kan (Editor), New City and Architecture in Rapid Urbanization: Proceedings of National PH.D Candidates Academic Conference 2011, Beijing: China Architecture & Building Press, P.134-138, 2012, ISBN：978-7-112-14743-4.
3) LIU Kan (Exhition Project Editor), Ioanni Delsant, From Research to Design, Milan: Editrice Compositori, 2012, ISBN: 978-887794783-3.
LIU Kan (Photography Editor), China Soong Ching Ling Foundation, Shanghai：Dream Aspiration and Pride，Shanghai: Shanghai Literature and Art Publishing Group - Shanghai World Bookstore, 2010, ISBN: 978-7-5475-0096-5.